A Beautiful Neighborhood
Yard of the Month has been established to promote goodwill and recognize neighbors who demonstrate above-average efforts in maintaining their property, thereby contributing to the overall appearance of our neighborhood.
The Yard of the Month will run annually from April to December. October will be awarded on a Halloween theme, November will be awarded on Harvest/Fall theme and December will be awarded on the spirit of the Christmas Holiday.
Neighbors may nominate their neighbors for this honor. All nominations must be made by the 15th of each month. You can nominate your neighbors by using the form below.
- Lawn: mowed, trimmed and weed free
- Edging: driveway, walks, curbs
- Shrubs, Bushes, and Trees: healthy, neatly pruned, in proportion/scale with home and terrain
- Pleasant appearance that makes the property an asset to the neighborhood (no unsightly debris, broken gutters, etc.)
- Color (green grass, colorful living plants, mulch, other landscape design material, etc…)
- Yard of the Month will be awarded April to December.
- Total exterior appearance of the property and front yard as viewed from the street will be judged.
- Winners will have photo taken and published on the Lincoln Terrace website /newsletter.
- A Yard of the Month sign will be placed in the winning yard.
- Neighbors may only win Yard of the Month one time a year.
- Should a homeowner decline to participate upon notification of winning, the second place house will become yard of the month.
- While a neighbor’s home is being recognized as a “Yard of the Month,” they are expected to maintain their yard in the same manner that allowed them to win the honor.
- The children in the neighborhood will select the Yard of the Month for December.